Monday 3 April 2017

Surfing OTJ 1





                🏄Surfing🏄
During the weekdays and weekends I enjoy surfing.
Surfing is something most people don't like to do either because it's to hard or they think it’s dumb but in fact it’s AWESOME! I really enjoy surfing because you get to be constantly out in the water paddling, swimming and surfing. Surfing is a water activity. There is specialized equipment for surfing. A surfer must know about the weather and the waves. I learnt to surf when I was 9, It is a fun activity that all can take part in under the age of around 75.

(Equipment/Weather) it involves a Surfboard which you stand on and a wetsuit which you wear to keep you warm.
Surfing can be done in all weathers: wind, rain,Suny whether,  Stormy And snowy depending on how stormy orwindy it is. The waves that we surf on are formed by either wind from miles away. Because the wind blows across the ocean it can form a wave wherever there's a sand bank. Or from wind forming close by.
       

I try to get out out in the surf any day possible. Occasionally we go surfing in new places like just recently I went to a place named Sky Williams in Opunake near New Plymouth. My favourite place to surf is right here in Greymouth at Cobden beach. It is a reasonably good break and it's not to big or heavy. It's easy for learners and occasionally you get to see the odd Dolphin.

In surfing you learn different turns. There are many to learn but some of the easier ones is a bottom turns. A bottom turn is when u hop to your feet at the top of the wave and do a swift turn to the right or the left. Another is a cut back. A cut back is where your going one way on the wave and you and you cut back into the white wash and slash the top of the white water.


Some time when I'm out in the water I pretend that there's a GREAT WHITE!! But the only way I can get away is to catch the biggest and best wave. Or sometimes I like to pretend that I'm Kelly Slater the best surfer in the world surfing on the biggest wave ever. “Wohoooo go Miko!” My friends call when I'm on the wave making me feel more confident and pumped to out and catch more waves. Sometimes it feels like I’m flying like a seagull soaring through the sky. Or like a dolphin swimming through the sea jumping and flipping in the bright blue Ocean.


I really enjoy surfing and I would definitely recommend it for all who want to give it a try it helps with fitness and weight loss and is lots of fun. You can go down with your mates and spend the whole day down there. It is an awesome experience and as my surfing friends would say I've got the bug (Which means you can't stop and you're out every day).

1 comment:

  1. KIa ora Miko,

    I enjoyed this piece of writing because it was very informal for me (who does not surf). I think it was a smart move to write about a subject you enjoy. Also the picture was great. There are a few grammar mistakes other than that good job.

    Kind regards
    Greanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.