Wednesday 5 April 2017

My school poem

My school,
The students quietly working away like little mice. The wind out side howling  like a wolf.The sky gray and lonely, depressing and sad making me feel cosy in my classroom.The hallway empty apart from the odd child or teacher.The bathrooms still and silent, slippery and wet from the water left on the floor.
toku kura
ata mahi atu nga ākonga, ano he kiore iti.
Te taha hau i roto i aue ano he wuruhi.
Te hina rangi me te mokemoke, pouri hanga ahau ite awhiawhi i roto i toku akomanga.
Te aroa whakawateatia motu ke i te tamaiti rerekē kaiako ranei.
Nga bathrooms tonu me puku, pahekeheke, me te mākū i te wai i mahue i runga i te patunga witi.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Miko

    Our names are Jeremiah and Miki and we are from Panmure Bridge School in Auckland. We really liked how you brought different figures of speech into your paragraph. The way you compared things to each other was very creative, and we really liked how you translated it into Maori.

    Don't forget to check your spelling next time. Grey needs an 'e' instead of an 'a'.

    Out of curiosity we would like to know if you have been to Lake Brunner? We saw a picture of it and we think it looks like a beautiful place to visit.

    From, Jeremiah & Miki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys,
    Next time I will be sure to check my spelling. And yes I have been to Lake Brunner. It is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miko, my name is Sa Kae and I'm from Panmure Bridge School in Auckland. I really enjoyed reading about your school. It's sound really nice. I also liked the way you have translated your story in Maori. This is a great way for the Maori people. Keep up the great work Miko.

    From Sa Kae

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.