Thursday 22 February 2018

Divisibility rules


Divisibility rules


A number is divisible by three if digits in the number add to the multiple of three.

eg: 7413 7+4+1+3=15. 15 is a multiple of three therefore 7413 is divisible by three.

A number is divisible by six if it adds to a multiple of three and is even.

Eg: 7362 7+3+6+2=18. 18 is a multiple of 3 and 6 and is even therefore 7362 is divisible by 6.

A number is divisible by 9 the digits will add to a multiple of 9.

Eg: 78534 7+8+5+3+4=27. 27 is a multiple of 9 therefore 78534 is divisible by 9.



2 comments:

  1. Hello Miko my name is Harlem and I go to panmure bridge school I like how you have used capital letters and used full stops the one thing you have done is not lined up your work so it is all over the place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Miko,My name is Joel and I am a year 7 at Panmure Bridge School.

    I Like the way you told the person about multiplying numbers from 4 digits to 3 digits it sounds really interesting.I like solving numbers and using my thinking skills to help me solve the answer.

    I really am interested in your maths it sounds like a solving skill.You are showing 3 Divisible numbers and 4 to 5 numbers.

    Well done Miko Keep up the work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.